With the many types of mouthwash available on the market these days, it can be difficult to know which ones can truly benefit your oral health. Although nothing replaces brushing and flossing, there are some mouthwashes that can have their benefits. Our team here at Barron Dentistry wants to make sure you get the most out of your mouth treatments.
Below is a list of tips about mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
– Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
– Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can even brighten teeth.
– Be careful not only to look for cosmetic mouthwashes but therapeutic ones as well. The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more helpful hygienic habits, please schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning with Barron Dentistry. For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Barron. We can be reached via phone at 817.732.1626, or by stopping by at our location in Fort Worth, Texas. We would love to bring you in for an oral exam and take the first steps to make your teeth and gums as good as new.