Here at Barron Dentistry in Fort Worth, Texas, our team would like to give you some tips and tricks to keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
Keeping your oral health in positive shape is important to your overall health. Without remembering these tips, you may be risking cavities and even gum disease, which could lead to bone and tooth loss if not cared for. That is why our team is happy to address any questions or concerns you have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and let us give you a healthy smile this festive season.